Pages

Monday, January 4, 2016

Sri Lanka--A Must Visit

In mid-October I went to Negambo Sri Lanka. We had a long weekend and Sri Lanka is only about three and a half hours away and it is super cheap. I flew into Colombo and I was staying in Negambo about half an hour away from Colombo, the country's capital. I stayed at Jetwing Sea.


There was a lovely pool and I was right on the beach.


The people of Sri Lanka are some of the nicest in the world. I made a reservation at the seafood restaurant (they bring in the catches of the day and you choose what you want, they weight it, you choose how you want it prepared and then you eat!).  They set me up with a beach view restaurant and treated me like a million dollars: the chef even came out and chatted with me for a bit. 


I had a delicious jumbo prawn in a butter garlic sauce.


I went into 'town' one day and walked around. I almost caused an accident because a driver was staring and not paying attention to the road. All in all a very enjoyable experience. Some guy even tried to holler, he was sad when I didn't give him my number, 'you don't like black?'. Ummm, sir, I am black too.


    I could have done more, but in all honesty I just wanted to relax on this trip. If you have a chance I highly recommend Sri  Lanka, you will not be disappointed. 



10 comments:

  1. Thanks for the update! I look forward to tour posts. Currently, I am in the process of getting a contract. I HAVE to meet you when I get there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for reading and commenting, I really appreciate it. If you have any questions feel free to ask them.

      Delete
  2. Question.....are you dating anyone? If yes how is that going?? If no how is that going?Also, how old are you??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not dating anyone, the available men here are few and far between and the number of women here are many. I am 35 years old.

      Delete
  3. Looks awesome! Did you travel to Sri Lanka by yourself?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I did. I often travel alone. I think I will do a post on that...

      Delete
    2. Haneefa, I truly admire your confidence and courage! You truly aspire me. I look forward to meeting you and hopefully traveling with you one day!

      Delete
    3. AWWWW thank you so much for your kind words!

      Delete
  4. Do you have any other close travel suggestions leaving from Abu Dhabi? I will be viisting soon and want to plan everything out. Although Sri Lanka looks like a good option.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jordan, Oman, India, Maldives. These flights are all under 4 hours.

      Delete