Pages

Sunday, February 1, 2015

Thank You!

    Hello readers! I had made a lovely video, but I quickly learned that I cannot upload video from the blogger app that I use on my phone. I just wanted to take a minute and say thank you for reading my little piece of the internet. Last weekend I was out in the club for a friend's birthday and I was approached by a lovely young lady who had heartfelt words about this blog. She told me that many people were out here because of me and that I had a huge influence on her discussion to move out to the UAE. She told me that before she came out here she read every post and even took notes on them. Her friends and family also read the blog and knew that she would be ok moving out here because if the words I had written.  She was comforted in knowing that there were places she could get her hair done, as well as buy plus size clothing, I was more than flattered. I have said this before, when I started this blog I didn't do it looking to be known on these UAE streets. In fact, I was rather shocked the first time someone recognized me because of my blog. When I started the process to  move out here, I searched high and low for information on life in the UAE. I googled my heart out and found only a handful of blogs that reflected what my reality would be once I moved out here. Even the blogs I did find, dissppointingly ended mind year and often left me wondering what happened to the author. That is how Black Girl In Abu Dhabi was created. I vowed that I would try and blog as much as possible, so I could let others know what it was like to live, work and play out here in the United Arab Emirates. I am ecstatic that I have helped so many of you. Many of you I have actually met in person which is also pretty cool and I am do thankful to be here and to keep posting you on my life.
    I will continue to document my trials and tribulations. Please comment whenever you can, I love reading comments and I will always try and answer. 

    So what has been happening around here?

   I got to hang out with Za, founder of FCK Being Fat. We went out to Saadiyat Beach Club (stunning venue) to see my friend's singing performance. 


    Got an amazing deal to the Philipines for July. I snagged a round trip ticket from Dubai to Manila for 50$, granted all I take is a 7 kg carry on but hey, I can do it, let us be honest all I really need is a bathing suit! I will be in Manila for two nights and then I will be heading to the beautiful Boracay island for 10 days. The Phillipines has been on my travel bucket list forever and not I am making my dream come true. 

   


   Got dolled up for my friend's birthday in Abu Dhabi. Had a lovely time as per usual. 
     Still girding away at my Grad school program. Finished with great marks last term, so I need to get back at it, I have to admit that I have been super tired lately, so I need to refocus.

Have a great weekend! 

   

 


2 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing your experiences! You've inspired me to take the leap...I have my in-person interview next Tuesday! Appreciate any advice you can offer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good luck! Just be honest and be yourself, stress that you are flexible, patient and are open to new experiences and are able to tackle anything that will be handed to you. The first phone interview was more like a conversation. I am sure they will ask you why you want to teach in Abu Dhabi.

      Delete