Pages

Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Meeting Celebs At The Airport and Surprised in the Plane

     I was at the airport waiting for my plane to head back to the UAE when a dreadlocked man walked by playing some reggae. I looked closely at him and knew that he looked familiar. It was Luciano! I was 95% sure it was him because he was in Montreal for the Montreal Reggae Festival this past weekend. 
     I walked up to him and asked if he was Luciano. He said yes and I asked for a picture. He told me he was going to Europe to meet his band for the European leg of their tour.  I told him I was on my way to Dubai. He gave me his contact info  and I told him that I would ask around and see if I could get him to perform their.  He was super sweet.



    On the plane I got another surprise. In the Movie category there was a Canadian Movie section. One of my ex-students is an amazing actress and her movie was on the list so I watched it. "Rhymes for Young Ghouls" is a movie about how one Aboriginal teenager uses the ghosts of her mother and brother to help her fight the Indian Agent on the reservation.  I taught Kawannahere Jacobs in grade 9. She is extremely talented and I was so happy to have watched her in this movie. I know that she has been nominated for a few awards for this role. She is definitely a star on the rise. 


Back in the UAE! Cannot wait to see what this year bring. 

1 comment:

  1. Hi Haneefa, thanks so much for your fabulous blog - I've thoroughly enjoyed reading over it!! My hubby and I are looking to move to the UAE next year (with me working for ADEC). I'd love to stay in touch! If you're open to connecting, Facebook's an easy way to stay in touch... I'm http://www.facebook.com/sarahhollandnz - thanks again!

    ReplyDelete