Pages

Sunday, May 25, 2014

Hello Qatar!


    This weekend we had a three day weekend (have I mentioned that I love Islamic holidays?). This time I decided to jet set to Qatar.  Qatar is a small peninsula that borders Saudi Arabia, it is surrounded by the Arabian gulf.

     Doha is the capital of Qatar and the flight from Dubai is only an hour. My friend and I caught the 7 pm flight Thursday night  and since Qatar is an hour behind the UAE we landed at 7 pm local time.  

We were staying at the stunning W hotel. The hotel was definitely the best part of the trip.

This was the centerpiece in the hotel lobby. These centrepieces are changed daily. There was an Arabic wedding going on when we checked in, the drumbs were blaring, the men were singing and everyone was having a fabulous time. 

This was the lobby heading to our room.

The inside of the elevator.

Ballin... Just joking, sort of...

    That night we headed to the clubs in the hotel and they were packed but the music was not my cup of tea. They were spinning house and techno the whole night. I don't mind house for an hour or so but not a fan of it the whole night.

The next day we headed to the Museum of Islamic art. They had an exhibit on Chess, backgammon, parcheesi and snakes&ladders. I found it extremely interesting, I did not know that cheese has its origins in India . I played chess in elementary school and find the game fascinating #nerddontcare.



     We then headed to Villagio Mall which has an indoor gondola that you can ride. This mall looked exactly like the Venetian in Vegas.

The ceiling is paired like the sky.

I find this picture so funny. I look so happy and the gondola driver is too cool for school, it is probably his 15,263,738 ride of the day. 

I snuck in some pool time in the 43C weather. 



     That night we headed to the Waqif Souk. 


     
     Saturday night we headed out for one last dinner. We had the Taste of Thailand set menu at the Spice Market restaurant in the hotel. While we were waiting for our seats we met a man from Boston who is hired by the hotel to create new drinks for the menu (must be nice). He treated us to these shots with dry ice on the bottom.
Looks like a science experiment #thereigoagainwiththenerdtalk

I love to get dressed up every now and then.


All in all a great weekend. I still think Bahrain is my favorite, music and people are a little more my style. Nevertheless, Qatar is worth a visit.

Take care and the school year is almost done! Hamdullah!

P.S. Thank you much for reading, I have had so much positive feedback in this blog. I will keep writing, so please keep reading!

P.p.s ummmm how is this my life? So blessed! Thank you God! You have been so good to me! #livingthedream #pinchme #sorryaboutthehashtags #ihaveaproblem.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for this post! Well all your posts. Currently I'm living vicariously through you! But that will all change soon! Lol. I think this far my greatest fascination is the fact that you guys find the time or should u say make the time to fully enjoy your weekends! I love that concept! Be blessed Haneefa! Keep enjoying

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for commenting and for reading! I really try and make the most of every weekend!

      Delete
  2. Looks awesome! We'll have to add Qatar to the travel list! :)

    ReplyDelete