Pages

Monday, November 25, 2013

Going, Going, Back, Back To...

Thailand!

Last night I booked my Christmas vacation.  My friend and I heading to Thailand, Vietnam and Cambodia for three weeks.  I am so excited!  I have already been to Thailand,but it is honestly my favourite place in the world and I am so blessed to be able to go back.  I am hoping to head to some areas that I have not been to before (Chang Mei). I am so blessed to have to much time off to travel during the break. Most of the other teachers here are heading home, but Montreal is too cold for that, so I am heading to the beaches of South east Asia.  We are leaving on Dec. 15th out of Dubai, cannot wait.

In the meantime, school is pretty much over for the term.  The older girls at the school (Grade 12) are in exams and the rest of the school doesn't come during that time.  That is fine with me because then I can enter my grades and relax. 

American Thanksgiving is one Thursday and the friend that I am  travelling with to Thailand is having a little get together so I am excited for that. She is ordering a turkey and everything so I am so psyched for that.  since I have to travel (she is in Abu Dhabi), I am bringing a dessert.  I think that I am going to make an apple crisp because the ingredients are easy to find and it will be easy enough to transport on the bus. This weekend is also National Days, the Sheik made the announcement (he actually tweeted it!) that we are going to have the Sunday and Monday off so we have a four day weekend.  I am going to spend Thursday and Friday in Abu Dhabi and then we are going to head to Dubai Friday and Saturday and then back to Abu Dhabi for the festivities.  There are going to be concerts, performances on the Corniche and fireworks!  I will be sure to post pictures.

I went and got my hair rebraided last night.  I go to a salon that is owned by an Ethiopian woman that is married to an Emirati and the women that work there are Ethiopian.  They do braids, weaves, wash and set and more.  I am really impressed with the prices and also the braid so quickly.  Since it was a week night the salon really wasn't busy and I was out of there in 3 hours.  When there were no other customers there were three woman working on my hair at the same time.

I still find it so weird that we are almost in December and the weather is still 25C (77F) in the day! LOVE IT!  I must admit that it is a bit cool in the morning and you do need a sweater, but besides that the weather is marvellous.

Have a great week!


6 comments:

  1. That holiday sounds heavenly...you're so lucky!! So funny that you are making apple crisp- will you be using mrs. Gattinger's recipe from grade 8 home ec?? Enjoy your national day holiday, too. Someone should hack the sheikh's twitter and get you a few more days of!f!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! I wish I still had those recipes that we used.

      I laughed out loud when I read your comment about the Sheik's twitter. I am sure that it isn't him that is tweeting.

      Delete
  2. Wow! That vacation sounds amazing! So happy for you :)
    I wouldn't last one second over there in that heat. I'm loving the below zero weather here ! Enjoy your 4 day weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am loving this weather, I am not meant forthe cold. Just thinking about boots, hat and gloves makes me sad. Also no more cleaning off the car! Woo hoo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have you not gone to the lady you met at the mall in Montreal?
    I am enjoying your blog!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Omg I haven't! Thanks for reminding me ! Next time I am in dubai I will have to find her shop, I still have the business card!

    ReplyDelete